Friday, February 27, 2009

Roses Arrived Last Night



My 11 David Austin roses arrived last night!

I was so excited- like a kid in a candy store- opening this box that weighed 50 lbs. to find my roses in there!  And my husband laughed at my enthusiasm over rose bushes.  

What can I say?  I am looking forward to having beautiful and fragrant roses in my back yard.  Some people get excited about sports, like my husband.  And I get excited whenever spring is on the brink of emerging, so I can enjoy gardening all spring and summer!  Sports are one of my husband's passions-and gardening is mine. 

So as soon as the threat of frost is gone these babies are going in there designated spot in the garden!

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses.
~Hanna Rion

No comments:

Post a Comment