Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just the Beginning...

So here is what I have to start off with!  A clean slate.  This is just one side of the house, but I have already transplanted my knockout rose bush next to the cherry tree and planted some new irish moss, golden scotch moss, and georgia blue (pictures to come).  The hill has also been covered in pine straw and I transplanted 10 evergreen bushes and 2 butterfly bushes- it looks very nice!  I have a lot more to do though.

Today I ordered 11 David Austin rose bushes which I can't wait to receive and get into the ground!  Can you tell I am a little eager for spring to get here?  This growing season, I have a feeling, is going to be great!  Scott and I will be making our way to the growers outlet in Loganville in the next couple of weeks to stock up on some good cheap plants.  As for now I am just busting my tush digging up plants I no longer want and transplanting the already overcrowded ones to the back yard.  I'm so glad gardening is my stress reliever!

Quote of the Day

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
~Emma Goldman

No comments:

Post a Comment